<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

27 March 2009

Scandie London! 

We discovered a "new" Scandinavian place in London the other day and simply had to go there today, on my day off. They have a restaurant and grocery's in the same place, which is perfect.

On our way there, we spotted Sue Johnston, from The Royle Family and Waking the Dead, all depending on which series you value the most...well, to be honest, she's in both series no matter what you think.



My Chris Barrie obsession (there you have it, in print, finally, seriously undermining my gayness) is blooming, and I think I may already own just about everything he's ever appeared in (it helped that I already owned The Blackadder Collection, The New Statesman and Filthy, Rich and Catflap, being a fan of Rik Mayall's after all (11 years and still going reasonably strong, although I wasn't too keen about the Dangerous Brothers sequences during Saturday Live). OK, so I haven't got around to Spitting Image just yet (would any Norwegian slightly older than myself please confirm that this series was shown on Norwegian/Swedish telly at any point during the eighties, otherwise I would have to admit to the fact that I was hooked on British comedy before I remember having been introduced to it properly - I do remember, for instance, watching several series of The Brittas Empire (NRK being a BBC prostitute), but I'm not sure I remember Spitting Image merely from the Royal Variety Performance or The Secret Policemen's Biggest Ball (I am too drunk and lazy to look up if they were even present in the Biggest Ball Amnesty fest))?).

Labels: , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.