<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

25 April 2009

President Michael Palin (Well, Still Better than Sarah!) 

Last night I dreamt that I encountered Daniel Hill in Berkeley Square Gardens and simply had to ask for his autograph. I have always felt as if I'm his only fan, and so, apparently, does my subconscious, as he proceeded to grin very broadly when I asked him and then went on to quote a whole poem on this piece of paper before finally signing it (in a very childish handwriting, I might add). I then went to the nearby Jaguar shop to buy a car.

In part two of this dream, Michael Palin (no need for a link there, I should hope!) had become president of the UK, and made everyone stop what they were doing at 8.30 in the morning to salute his image and chant something preposterous which included the words 'hail' and 'supreme being'. I was shocked (and no, there is no way my subconscious thinks Palin is anywhere close to that characterisation). It then turned out that he had also ordered every child (up to the age of 40, apparently) to be sent to orphanages spread across each city. I was deemed too important for being imprisoned, though, as I was an excellent diver (never dived in my life) and there was a serious threat from a band of sea monsters we had to deal with. I was given the command of the national diving team (bit of narcissism shining through there, ahem...), and we went on our dangerous mission via a local pool where there were several people with their kids (strangely enough, seeing as they should all have been locked up). One of those was Bill Paxton (I was watching Frailty yesterday) with his borrowed two-year-old, who morphed into Ed Harris (probably because I think Paxton is a nice guy) and threw an absolute fit when he thought I was too slow to move out of the way as they were leaving. We finally got into the pool and started descending into the water, as I awoke. My bet is that we got rid of the monsters and saved the world.

In the spirit of the Red Dwarf guys recording commentaries on Back to Earth today, I am going to watch Back to Reality (S5E6) with commentaries now.

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.