<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

05 May 2009

Apparently, I am 12. 

Had another weird dream last night, just remembered it and cringed a little bit.

I was backstage at the theatre where they are currently performing La Cage aux Folles. It was the opening night for Roger Allam and Philip Quast; very topical in other words, as that actually happened yesterday evening. There were a lot of giggly fangirls there (I think this was brought on by having seen lots of giggly fangirls (and -boys) at the Comedy Store on Sunday; Allam/Quast don't usually have giggly fans); most of whom were about 18-20 years of age. I sat down in the corner, where the fan club president and vice president were sitting. To my knowledge, neither have an official fan club. Anyway, I thought I was safe there; I would just sit and watch for a bit and then go home, as I didn't have a ticket. The theatre was built in such a way that there was a huge panorama window facing the auditorium, so basically anyone could see the show for free, if they didn't mind being about three storeys higher than the stage.

Apparently, the two guys had agreed with the fan club that they'd stop by before the show, so they approached our little corner. Since I was sitting there, I guess they thought they should humour me as well. I was, however, trying to ignore them by reading my book. Allam would have none of that, however. He stood before me and stared at me until I put the book away, then sneered a 'and which year are you in?' I was perplexed. I tried to explain that in fact I was 31 and couldn't possibly be taken for anything below 25, but he insisted I was a pupil and should be treated as such. Quast took one look at me and then ignored me completely. Evidently, they both loathed me and I felt belittled in my own dream, so quickly left.

I am guessing this is my way of telling myself something I'm already aware of; that I'm afraid of seeming desperately stalky, but then apart from the occasional 'ok, it's slightly freakish that you turn up for a charity gig way beyond your price range' I'm not actually stalkerish in any way. Hmm...I think. Unless they're extremely wary of having people go see their show twice in as many months. Oh deary me. In that case, it's their problem. ;-)

The dream was fun, though. I mean, I've never thought of any of them as being complete bastards towards their fans (rather the opposite), so clearly this was just a figment of my imagination gone haywire.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.