<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

27 July 2009

Monday, Monday 

Another Monday, another...something or other.

I am currently (almost simultaneously) reading Robin Hobb's Farseer trilogy, finishing the Titan Quest game and watching D.W. Griffith's Birth of a Nation. Ah, how I wish I were always on holiday.

But since I believe a synonym for that situation is 'jobseeker', I'm very glad I'm not. Touch wood. Or woof, whatever you please.

Had a haircut today. That's the most exciting thing I've done since I learnt how to use the self checkouts in Sainsbury's on Wednesday last. Oh, and then we went to see Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince (I call it something differently, but for the two people out there who haven't read the books nor seen the film yet, I'll refrain from divulging its title). It is the best film in the series so far. I have to admit that, having read the books several times, it is puzzling they chose to divide the seventh book into two parts whereas the fleshier sixth book remained as one. But hey, I'm not going to go on complaining for weeks, seeing as this instalment had plenty of Snape in it. I feel like repeating this ad nauseam: I did have a thing for Snape back in book one, before even seeing the first film, so it has NOTHING to do with Alan Rickman. Truly. Well, maybe a little bit. I did take a couple of photos of the humongous film poster that's been pasted onto the biggest ad board of the neighbourhood, but never mind that now. By the by, I believe this is the first film where I didn't hang my head in shame because of the protagonists' acting skills. Perhaps I am being unfair? The thing is, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint turned out to be fair actors a few films back, but Harry Potter himself, Daniel Radcliffe (just repeating his name in case you've been living under a tiny pebble for the past ten years), still had some way to go. I think we're nearing completion here. He may have been groomed the right way after all. Good thing, too, considering he has started appearing on stage, as well.

But who am I to criticise, right?

Speaking of which, I just preordered the magnificent Psychoville on Blu-Ray. ;-)

It's Monday, and since I have to wait another week until the next visit to see La Cage episode of the Gadget Show, I suppose this nice evening will be filled with such high-quality programmes as Supersizers, The Street and Monday Monday (thanks to magic (and a couple of DVR's) I will be able to watch all three even though they are scheduled to appear in the same time slot). I may have to pay my noisy neighbour a visit, though. I may seem overly fussy, but the thing is, he is making so much noise some neighbours are actually, truly considering moving out. The police are involved, it's that bad. He, in other hand, seems oblivious to the whole thing and tried to flirt with us the other day, in our own doorway. I felt like patting him on the head (he's like five foot two, if that much, and can easily be knocked over by a slight gust of wind, I'm sure), but remained calm. ('Enhance your calm', if you've seen Demolition Man.)

Well, once again this has turned out to be a ranty post full of--let's face it--gibberish/nonsensical stuff. Let's just stop.
Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.