<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

15 August 2009

To Men on the Tube 

I am getting fed up of you now. This morning, all the seats in my carriage was taken by young and middle-aged men of all creeds, all pretending to be asleep to avoid the scornful looks they were given by the 20+ women having to remain standing. You keep going on and on about how much stronger you are compared to us, so why don't you get your lazy arses out of those seats and stand instead? You also keep moaning about women wanting both male chivalry and equal rights; tell you what: When we DO have equal rights (and that definitely includes getting paid the same amount as men for doing the exact same job), you can sit back down.

In other news, I'm actually not that cross. :-)

Labels:

Comments:
Amen, woman! It really is sad how chivalry is such a thing of the past. It's rare to find a man that gives a damn about that type of behavior. And THIS is part of the reason I don't date. LOL!

~ Lori
 
About six months ago I tried to give away my seat on the Porto metro to a woman pushing sixty, and received a scolding look. I was sternly told off and ordered to keep my gob shut and to sit down immediately since I looked way past her age and really in need of supporting my back, my bum, my legs and (not least) my brain, tongue, and ocular facilities. That’s gratitude for you :-( Well, at least she understood my Portuguese :-)

Aug the chivalrous
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.