<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

14 March 2012

Now That's What I Call a Holiday! 

Went back to work today, after twelve very nice days off. I spent those days mainly watching The West Wing, celebrating my birthday, and playing the Diablo III beta, Total War: Shogun 2, Mass Effect 3 (did you guess?) and Crusader Kings II. The latter being very addictive indeed.

I was a fairly boring King of Portugal, enjoying a few conflicts with Mauretania (they started it, honest!) and some local nobles, until I managed to kill my plotting wife and marry the Queen of Croatia. Our first daughter became the heir to Croatia and a couple of minor duchies, but my eldest son (that gay weakling) was still a patient heir to Portugal, so I decided to change the succession laws in order to set up my daughter as the heir to Portugal as well. Some local dukes kept electing other members of my family, though, so I simply had to have my eldest son assassinated and the more annoying of the dukes imprisoned. They eventually came around and elected my eldest daughter. When she finally took over (I decided to keep holding on to power for another 12 years for some reason), the kingdom of Croatia had shrunk quite a bit, due to some local wars and the Golden Horde knocking on my door. Luckily, as Queen of both Portugal and Croatia and Duchess of several minor holdings across Europe, I could gather quite an army. I hadn't taken into account the "Horde" bit of the Golden Horde, though, and they just kept coming. As a last resort (those barbarians wouldn't listen to reason over a cup of tea), I had their Chief assassinated, and all of a sudden the war was over and their three armies of 20000 each were left stranded and looking pretty stupid in the middle of the Balkans. For some reason the Chief's son didn't like me very much after that, but at least he kept away long enough for me to deal with those pesky aunts of mine who kept demanding being handed counties and duchies all over the place.

Next time I'd like to play as Norway (of course), although they tend to be far down the food chain and thus difficult to marry off for a better alliance. We'll see. It's nevertheless a game I can easily lose a whole day to. At least until the expansion pack for Civ V comes out. They're reintroducing religion and spies! Yay!

For an atheist I really am overly fascinated by religion. :-)

Btw, if you would like to see something quite unimaginable, look at what Europe would have looked like if that story further up wasn't just fiction! (Want to take a closer look?)

Labels:

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.