<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

17 May 2004

Back to VHS 

I have been an avid fan of VCR's since they started appearing. Unfortunately, my parents didn't buy one until 1993, which was really late. On the other hand, they didn't get a satellite dish until a few years after I moved out, so there wasn't really that much to tape back then anyway. :-) Still, once we got one into the house, I proved how much of a TV fanatic I was, to my parents' dismay. From my VHS collection it looks like I've been taping everything they've showed on telly. I've got heaps of episodes of tens of comedy series. I taped hundreds of music videos (this was around the same time that I started really reading those teen mags and foreign music papers) - several of which I am now thinking "WHY???" when watching. I taped films. Lots and lots of films. Don't worry, I have bought many of those on DVD later; I just can't help keeping the old copies. AND there are many films in my (strange) collection that I haven't found anywhere else.

Earlier today I was watching a programme about Henrik Ibsen and there was a clip from a Chinese opera that made me want to see Farewell My Concubine. I started browsing through my videos and found several that had no titles on them, so I scrapped the idea of finding the film and started looking through those videos instead. Phew! Took me two hours, but I finally discovered where I'd put both last year's Emmy awards and Academy awards AND BAFTA's. I also found such gems as Persuasion, Shock Treatment, O Lucky Man!, Torn Curtain and Brazen Hussies. And several of Parkinson's talk shows. Oh, and the whole of the Rhona series (which, funnily enough, never led to a second series (?????????)) I also found Shackleton, which is so great that I will be watching that tonight.

Current track: Nothing.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.