<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

11 February 2007

A Total Waste of Time (This Post Included) 

Don't say I didn't warn you.

Yesterday I read this article in some Norwegian online paper about a UK council having released a calendar with a couple of mistakes in it. They had added a few dates. Some people were confused. The council promised to do better next year.

Q1: Why is this news?
Q2: Why is a Norwegian newspaper reporting this as news?
Q3: Why did I read it?
Q4: Why did I think about how much it had wasted my time, this morning?
Q5: Why did I decide to waste more of my time by commenting upon such a waste of time?
Q6: Why did I decide to waste your time commenting upon it?
Q7: Why did you choose to read this post even though I warned you?

And people still wonder what lies behind all the aggravation in the world. There's wastage of people's time...and the guy sitting behind me coughing every minute without holding anything in front of his mouth.

Labels:

Comments:
According to Ivy Compton-Burnett wasting of time isn’t such a big deal, and she maintains that “Time has too much credit. I never agree with the compliments paid to it”.

In any case it’s useless to worry since according to Virgil “Sed fugit intera, fugit inreparabile tempus”.

Good old William S doesn’t mind either. Rather the opposite, he finds that “When in the chronicle of wasted time, I see descriptions of the fairest wights”.

With proven and convincing arguments Albert E tells us that it’s impossible to waste it anyway because ‘now’ will always be here and there.

So we really shouldn’t worry :-)
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.