<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

07 May 2007

Cleaning and Theatre 

On my first day off (Friday) we tidied and cleaned the flat because our letting agency were coming for a visit. Checking up on us to see if we were still to be trusted.

Apparently, we were, and it took them two minutes to figure this out. All the hours of hard work paid off. Well, hopefully. Celebrated by playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant, which I had been looking forward to all week.

Saturday started with watching Schindler's List--not a good choice if you want to leave the house afterwards--and followed by The Lake House. Or possibly the other way around, I forget.

We then went down to the Apollo Theatre in order to see The Glass Menagerie starring Jessica Lange, Ed Stoppard, Mark Umbers and a delightful Amanda Hale. We had cheap seats, which we swapped with a couple for slightly better seats, but still we were too far away from the stage for me to see adequately. Wearing glasses, I had to squint a lot in order to see anything. I almost fell asleep a lot during the first act because of this. I bought a packet of Polo during the interval, though, and since the couple in front of us had given up and left, there was suddenly no need to squint as much and with the constant supply of Polo and an enjoyable second act I eventually left the theatre elated.

The rest of the evening was left to telly. I am not going to comment the Josephs this week.

Sunday was spent playing Shadow Hearts: Covenant until I reached a stage where I actually died for the first time in 14 hours, and I was in such shock I had to turn it off. Felt a bit peckish and thought I should probably watch something while having my late lunch, so naturally I popped a whole mini-series into the DVD player. Couldn't turn it off. Tipping the Velvet - absolutely LOVE that story. Had totally forgotten that Hugh Bonneville was in it, so that was an added bonus. And then I had to borrow Daniel Deronda from my flatmate (yes, there are in fact three links between the two series), which I started watching late last night. I had completely forgotten David Bamber was in that one. I seriously need to check my memory.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.