<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

06 December 2007

Christmas Tree - Trafalgar Square 

I had a day off today after working 15 days in a row, which was very nice. I decided I'd just relax and ended up (after having done the washing-up) watching programmes I have taped during the past month or so. A couple of episodes of the brilliant The Street (particularly looking forward to next week's episode) as well as The Secret Millionaire and Friends and Crocodiles, which was nothing like what I had pictured. By the way, I thought Jodhi May should have been top of the bill on that one, but perhaps I am biased.

Then I went downtown to witness the lighting of the Christmas tree at Trafalgar Square. It rained, which meant a lot of people with brollies, which again meant a lousy view. We also had to endure the embarrassing Norwegian accent of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg. All in all a disappointing event which really wasn't worth the trip...well, apart from yours truly's annual testing of the old singing voice, as they played the Norwegian national anthem. Quite ruined by the annoying students in front of me (three Norwegians, one Brit) who just couldn't shut the fuck up. Total lack of respect, I think.

On a sidenote I am having mixed feelings about my blog quickly popping up when googling for most combinations containing the term "Philip Quast". Surely there are more informed and less biased sites out there?

And while I remember; The Stage ran a short review of this year's Royal Variety Performance today and it looks to be a good one. It's on next week, I think, and a would recommend it to my friends abroad as well. There's a number or two from Hairspray in there, among other things.

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.