<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

24 January 2008

Prudish Much? 

Maybe I'm in a bad mood today (I didn't think I was), but I just didn't find today's Wulff Morgenthaler to be any kind of fun. People who know me are very well aware of the fact that I can joke about anything, but at the same time it has to be funny. If it's just vicious, for instance, I don't deem it to be humour. So for some reason the above strip was just...not funny. Informative, yes; funny, no.

I was very pleasantly surprised yesterday when I got home at around eight to find a couple of "new" episodes of Whose Line (UK) waiting for me. Yes, I have unfortunately reached the point where it's more unusual to find any episodes I didn't already have. Of course, this makes the so-called "new" episodes even more welcome. OK, so I had seen yesterday's episodes before, but that doesn't really count. One of them contains one of my absolute favourite bits (and quotes); Steve Frost and Greg Proops sharing a prison cell; it's hilarious. Perhaps I can find it on YouTube somewhere...

OK, I didn't, but I found some other clips:

A particularly frustrating Party Quirks game for Tony Slattery (UK)
Press Conference 1 (US)
Press Conference 2 (US)
Film dubbing (UK)
Superheroes (US) - one of the best
Newscasters (US) - the perfect couple

In other news (this is rapidly turning into my most used expression, and it's a contradiction, as there hardly ever follows or indeed precedes any real news), I got my bathroom lighting back in working order last night, after having lived without since the Neighbours' Leaking Bathroom incident just before Christmas. I can finally see my bath! Unfortunately this also means I can see how long ago it was I last cleaned it.

I may also have managed to reduce the amount of taxes I have to pay to Norway. I seriously don't understand why I have to pay them anything, since I get absolutely NOTHING back (I don't get any pension points anymore), unless they count the immense privilege of being allowed to carry a Norwegian passport. If anyone wonders, this is one of the many reasons for Norway's immense wealth. Calling the tax office people was a good move, as I got answers to some other questions I've had for a few years. So now I feel educated and rejuvenated! I even slept rather well last night, after three consecutive almost sleepless nights.

Ooh, and for anyone out there who enjoys a good romp of toilet humour (and I know you all do, just admit it), this coming weekend will feature "nothing but Bottom" on Dave (the channel). You have to watch it or Eddie Elizabeth Hitler will come and fart in your face.

Just because he can.

OK, I honestly don't know what it is about Bottom that makes me laugh hysterically. It's not really the kind of humour I would normally fall for. But then I look at my favourites and they are rather diverse, so I suppose Bottom fits the bill. FYI, I actually loved that series before I became a fan of Rik Mayall's. And I quote it from time to time. "Half past eight and all's crap" is a favourite, for instance, and can be used in any context. The top favourite, however, is screaming "Gas man! Gas man!" followed by a rather more quiet "Do you have anyone who looks after you?" - and I am pretty sure that's not very funny at all to anyone who hasn't seen that particular episode.

Then again, random quoting is da bomb. If only I wasn't so white middle class I would probably even know what that actually meant.

Going to the Improvathon on Saturday night I met some of my flatmate's drama school classmates and one of them asked me what I do for a living. "I'm a...err..." (always a good start when you desperately try to sound cool while describing your rather mundane job) (I quickly gave up on that project) "...a helpdesk operator. It's boring." / "So what do you REALLY wanna do?" That's a proper artist, that. Finally someone who looks beyond the exterior. Usually people just say "oh, well, that sounds...interesting." Do they think I am some sort of a git who thinks it falls to their lot to spend their days trying to reason with ungrateful punters? Do they really think that I consider myself to be worth nothing more than this? Wankers.

Yes, I enjoy using the vast English profanity vocabulary. At work I sit there swearing in Norwegian (or Dutch; whatever is more fitting in that particular situation--with Dutch there is more saliva involved) more or less because then people around me wouldn't know what I was saying. Sometimes uttering "oh, poo" simply isn't enough when you deal with borderline idiots on a daily basis.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.