<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

26 March 2008

Brain Freeze. Or Mush. 

Sometimes I have trouble staying alert. My brain sort of switches off in the middle of things, suddenly turning into a veggie state and making no sense whatsoever.

Just now I had been eating lunch and wanted to get rid of the bread crumb trail I had left on my desk. I meticulously tidied up with a tissue, then threw away said tissue and stared blankly at the crumbs in my hand for a second or so, pondering what to do with them. Naturally, the best thing to do was to switch off my brain, drop the crumbs on my shoes and get back to reading my book. Never mind the fact I am sitting literally half a metre away from the bin.

My classic "switching off moment" must have been a year ago or so when I was sitting in my room, watching something on my computer screen and holding a glass of water. As I had just taken a sip, something funny happened on the screen and I was left with the dilemma of trying to swallow the drink or spitting it back into the glass. Not being able to decide, I instinctively switched off my brain again and merely opened my mouth. So I was stuck with a wet pair of trousers. Idiot.

So although women are good at multitasking, sometimes we're crap at it, too.

In other news, I am growing particularly fond of two musicals these days; Camelot (which, incidentally, was on telly the other day, but I haven't seen it yet) and Sondheim's A Little Night Music. Yes, the project I started last summer where I decided it was time I got into Stephen Sondheim (or, rather, his music) is actually progressing smoothly! I wasn't taken in by Anyone Can Whistle, but Company is growing on me and I'm already very fond of Sweeney Todd, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (pre-Quast, btw, in case you were wondering, but mostly due to Nathan Lane, so still performer-focused at that point) and the aforementioned A Little Night Music.

Today, however, I have once again been listening to last year's Eurovision album and an old episode of Loveline (yes, it had Greg Proops in it.)

Labels: , , , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.