<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

23 February 2009

"I Never Cheat!" 

I bet you do. Every day, if you live in the city. Let me give you an example: Queueing. Do you not get in front of someone while going down the stairs to the train? While you're waiting for people to file out of the carriage, I bet someone waiting at the other side of the door gets there ahead of you, even though you were the one who got there first, right? And albeit a couple of people were there before you, you get the first seat which becomes available, don't you? Cheat!

Well, the Oscars were handed out last night, and for the fourth or fifth time running I didn't get to see it live. Hopefully I will get the chance to see the show at a later date. I wasn't surprised to hear Slumdog Millionaire getting all those awards, even though I didn't really think it deserved all of them. Then again, it was probably the best of the nominated films. Who am I to start suggesting alternative nominees, right?

I would also like to point out that although I was a huge fan of the first series, Damages now has me focused more on the looks of the two main characters. WTF happened to Rose Byrne who plays Ellen? She looked normal the last time I saw her, and now she is barely visible! Skeletal people really freak me out. And then Glenn Close suddenly looks as if someone is constantly pulling her ponytail. This whole thing makes me see plastic surgery in the other actors as well, even though they probably haven't had any, and worst of all, it takes the focus off of William Hurt, which is just not on!

At least they look much better in the wonderful Lark Rise to Candleford. And speaking of which; after a week of intensive Press Gang viewing and a longing for a complete DVD box set of Absolutely Fabulous (when, oh when), I am in Julia Sawalha overdrive mode. I think she's everywhere! Or maybe that's called "hallucinating". But hey, the other night I dreamt that Ellen Page lived in our ceiling and communicated in a very intricate sign language she herself had constructed. And the night before I was being hunted by CIA agents because I was trying to bring down some corrupt government officials with the help of a civil servant living behind a tree in Canada. While I was there, I stocked up on crisps and Cheez Doodles, because I couldn't get them where I lived in NYC. Clearly my imagination is never sleeping, argh!

Labels: , , , , , ,

Comments:
Winslett decidedly deserved her award. She was great in The Reader, great film as well! :-) Aug
 
I am looking forward to seeing The Reader at some point, but it's not top on my list for now. It does, however, look much more interesting than the other film she was nominated for!
 
The other was south of boring, but then I’m no fan of LdC :-( Once upon a time I actually read the novel Revolutionary Road and enjoyed it, but I was open minded back then :-) Aug
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.