<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

19 April 2009

OMG, Twittermania! 

People basically don't have anything better to do than wasting time on Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, Bebo, LinkedIn and other such sites, apparently.

Jonathan Ross tweeted a picture of his lunch. Using TweetDeck I get updates every minute, and this one was clearly sent only seconds before my program checked for any new items. I clicked on the photo. I was the 4th viewer. I reloaded. It now had 27 views. I got a call, which took about three minutes to solve. The picture now had more than 1,100 views.

And yesterday everyone seemed to be commenting only upon Britain's Got Talent. Actually, the celebs were worse than the "mere mortals", who actually seemed to get out of the house for the evening; the well-knowns were cheerfully tweeting about every single act whereas the unknowns remained fairly quiet or actually managed to tweet about other stuff. Like being drunk, listening to rubbish music and updating their news feed.

It's highly entertaining, though, and the perfect way to surf the web for new stuff! It's like having an army of webcrawlers working for you, so that you can spend your time doing other things until they come up with something worth looking at.

It may draw you in, though. I woke up during the night (due to drinking an orange smoothie right before going to bed) and simply had to tweet about my semi-nightmare (my family stealing all of my Greg Proops cassettes) from my iPhone.

Maaarvellous.

Labels: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.