<$BlogRSDUrl$>

2,000 hamsters can't be wrong.

23 September 2008

I Guess Fish Isn't Funny Enough 

1. Go to the Amazon site of your choice (I prefer amazon.co.uk for obvious reasons).
2. Choose "Books".
3. Search for "Norway".
4. Choose category "Humour".
5. Repeat for "Norwegian", "Scandinavia" and "Scandinavian".
6. Sulk.
7. Write a book about Norwegian idiosyncrasies.
8. Name it something funny and eyecatching.
9. Publish it.
10. Earn approximately $50/£25 or the equivalent in your local currency (possibly fish) because, obviously, no one cares.

As a proper Norwegian (although I have about an ounce of Swedish blood in me) I now feel so depressed I have to grab my rucksack and go for a walk up the mountain overseeing the nearest fjord (all of which, of course, are within a stone's throw of each other--in fact, you can't see the countryside for all the fjords scattered about, annoying car drivers), so that I can eat some dried fish, play my eight-string-fiddle and possibly end the outing by reading some Ibsen and hang myself.

No, in fact I'll buy a book about Canada instead. Same shit, different continent and language. Which could also be said about New Zealand. Go figure!

Labels: , , ,

Comments:
In view of your pint of Swedish blood and ancestry I’m sorry to report that IKEA in Porto have a hard time selling the ‘svenske kjoettbullar’ in their cafeteria :-(
 
Post a Comment

Free counter and web stats This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

All text except quotes © 2003-2013 Schizoid / Lonyc Productions.